It’s that time of year. Weather is unpredictable and conditions are prime for freezing temperatures. In the North Texas area, we typically experience an ice storm every other year. Weather predictions for 2016/2017 indicate good conditions for a hard freeze.
Now is the perfect time to start thinking about the prevention and maintenance of your facilities in winter conditions. Here are some quick tips to help keep walkways, stairwells, parking garages and other public spaces safe:
- Prepare now and have a supply of ice prevention and de-icing materials on hand.
- Keep the walking areas free of puddling.
- Complete a “walk around” of your facility to look for trouble spots and possible water leaks.
- Pre-treat potentially icy and hazardous areas with an environmentally friendly ice treatment.
- Have a supply of de-icing materials readily available for the grounds maintenance crew.
In addition to these tips, here is a link to an excellent article about Employee Safety and preventing injuries and potential Workers Compensation claims. Winter-proof your workplace
We wish you all a safe and happy 2017.
Mary Bruce, The Green Chemical Store
PS Visit The Green Chemical Store for a complementary “Emergency Rapid Response” coupon for ice treatment products.